October 1st, 2014
Dr. SEBASTIAN GORKA, The Major Gen. Matthew C. Horner Distinguished Chair of Military History at the Marine Corps University:
- The religious, totalitarian ideology link between terrorist groups
- Analyzing the threat doctrine of Islamic jihadists
- The dangers of labeling jihadists as "misguided"
- The principle of abrogation in the Quran
- Threats posed by Shariah law to the U.S. Constitution
- Defeating jihad in the ideological domain
- Ways that theologians can bring expertise on Islam to the Pentagon
- Putin's thuggish opportunism
- Why NATO is a “paper tiger” against a resurgent Russia
- Are allies such as France enabling Russian aggression?
- How methanol may be the key to becoming less economically dependent on Russia
- China’s consistent subversion of U.S. regional hegemony in the Asia-Pacific
- The Pre-WWII strategic vacuum and warning signs of an imminent great power conflict
- A lack of alternative ideas that accompany Republican Party criticisms of the incumbent administration
September 30th, 2014
KELLYANNE CONWAY, President and Founder of The Polling Company:
- Results of a new U.S. public opinion poll on national security
- An increasing trend of the American public opposing a disengagement from world affairs
- The consequences these poll findings will have for the upcoming midterm elections
ADM. JAMES “ACE” LYONS, former commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet:
- Restricted rules of engagement putting U.S. soldiers at an increased risk
- Why the fight against ISIS distracts America from the Iranian nuclear threat
- The infiltration of U.S. government agencies by the Muslim Brotherhood
- Implications of halting Tomahawk Cruise Missile production
ANDY McCARTHY, author of “Faithless Execution: Building the Political Case for Obama’s Impeachment”:
- A failure to recognize the threat posed by “moderate Islamists”
- What is the Khorasan Group?
- The Islamic State of Saudi Arabia?
- Potential candidates for Attorney General Eric Holder's successor
GORDON CHANG, author of “The Coming Collapse of China”:
- Significant developments in pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong
- Xi Jingping’s desired consolidation of power and Maoist rhetoric
- Prime Minister Modi’s White House visit
September 29th, 2014
DIANA WEST, author of “American Betrayal: The Secret Assault on Our Nation’s Character”
- Consequences of the U.S.'s historical attempts to accommodate Soviet communism
- The depth of Soviet subversion of American government and civil society from the 1930’s to the end of World War Two
- Did the USSR play a role in the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
- How American officials loyal to the USSR diverted wartime resources from U.S. troops and penetrated the U.S. atomic program
- What a new Ken Burns documentary left out about the national security crisis that FDR faced
- What can the U.S. learn from the ideology of communism to help combat the moral dilemma it faces from radical Islamism?
- Why communism and Islamism have both been divorced from their crimes in American culture
- Historical Communist Party connections to current European Union officials, and even President Barack Obama
- Jihadist penetration and subversion in the U.S.
- Stealth jihad and the manipulation of Western political thought
- U.S. government agencies turning their backs on the ideological threats of today?
September 26th, 2014
PETER WEHNER, former Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Office of Strategic Initiatives:
- Examining President Obama’s ideological preferences
- Inherent contradictions within Islam
- The Administration’s minimalist theme of armed intervention
AMB. JOHN HERBST, former US Ambassador to Ukraine and Uzbekistan:
- A sense of gloom looming over the political landscape in Kiev
- Consequences of Putin’s goals for Ukraine
- Three steps for deterring the Kremlin’s aggression
BILL GERTZ, Senior Editor of the Washington Free Beacon:
- Syria's role as a safe haven for the Khorasan Group and jihadists focused on transnational attacks
- The Obama Administration’s decision to suspend the use of land mines against the advice of senior military officials
- Clandestine cybersecurity talks between Chinese envoys and the State Department
MICHAEL BRAUN, Managing Partner at SGI Global and former DEA Chief of Operations:
- Security challenges posed by the growing influence of Mexican drug cartels inside the U.S.
- A potential terrorist-cartel alliance south of the border
- The target rich environment that is America’s critical infrastructure
September 25th, 2014
BILL ROGGIO, managing editor at "The Long War Journal":
- Why jihadists are thriving in chaotic Syria
- Concerns that the Obama administration is underestimating the threat of jihadist groups
- Can Arab nations allied to the U.S. be trusted in fighting Islamist extremism?
- Yemen's likely future as the next Syria
FRED FLEITZ, former CIA Analyst:
- Recent warnings of an imminent terror attack inside the U.S. from the Khorasan Group
- Threats from so-called “homegrown” actors versus global jihadist networks
- Domestic terror in the western world as seen in the recent incidents in New Jersey and Australia
- Is it possible the Administration enlisted the Iranian regime for assistance in combating radical Islamism?
RICHARD PERLE, former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Global Strategic Affairs:
- Non-ideological incentives for jihadist recruitment and expansion
- Using Putin’s INF Treaty violation as an opportunity to reform arms control policy
- Is modern Russia as much of a nuclear threat to America as the Soviet Union was?
Rep. BILL POSEY, of Florida's 8th Congressional District:
- President Obama’s incoherent strategy for countering ISIS
- Criticism of the federal government’s neglect of NASA and space exploration
- The gravity of the threat posed by solar flares to electrical infrastructure
September 24th, 2014
With Mark Lee Greenblatt, Author of "Valor: Unsung heroes from Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Home Front"
- How selflessness in danger helps to make a valorous service member
- The role that training plays in fostering life-saving camaraderie
- Applauding the consistent humility of decorated service members
- Greenblatt’s method to profiling valor
- Dan Foster’s stalwart commitment to defending his brothers in a remote outpost in Afghanistan
- Steve Sanford’s courageous foray under fire to save the life of a mortally wounded squad mate
- Army helicopter pilot Ryan Welch’s heroic rescue over the “Triangle of Death”
- Navy rescue swimmer Kyle Need saves shipwrecked civilian during horrific storm
- The media's hesitation to cover heroic stories because of the “cheerleader image" concern
- Consequences of a disturbing disconnect between the military and the US civilian population
- Bridging the gap between communities less invested in the military
- The importance of awareness, understanding, and jobs to a veteran's successful assimilation back into the civilian sector
September 23rd, 2014
- China’s challenge to the seven-decade status quo of American regional hegemony in the western Pacific
- The trend of China flaunting international norms and laws to further its own interests
- The role played by the Gulf War and Taiwan Strait Crisis in China’s assessment of its own military capabilities
- The implications of China’s military buildup for the U.S.
- China's ever-improving missile and space capabilities
- China’s role in "escalation dominance" and what it means for America
- The importance of a stable Pacific to world security
- Has the Asia Pivot reinforced or hurt American credibility in the region?
- China’s rapid military modernization and growing force
- The American response to China's military buildup
- The U.S.'s heavy reliance on Chinese resources, and particularly rare earth minerals
- China use of outside matters as an excuse to repress internal dissent
September 22nd, 2014
Dr. PAUL MILLER, former Director for Afghanistan and Pakistan on the National Security Council staff:
- Using the "Somalia model" to combat the Islamic State
- Does President Obama plan to follow the same method of withdrawing forces from Afghanistan as he did in Iraq?
- Instability in Pakistan encouraging a power grab by radical Islamists
- The need to use all tools of national security to determine policy in South Asia
Sgt. TIM SUMNER, Co-Founder of 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America:
- The Obama Administration’s lack of a comprehensive policy to counter jihadist threats at home and abroad
- Collusion between the Islamic State and drug cartel outfits in Juarez, Mexico
- Senator Cruz’s bill to revoke passports of Americans convicted of fighting for radical terror groups
TERA DAHL, Executive Director and Co-Founder of the Council on Global Security:
- Jihad beyond the Islamic State
- ISIS refugee horror stories
- Middle Eastern resentment towards Qatar and Turkey for facilitating the rise of the Islamic State
- Egypt’s legacy of war against radical Islam, and America’s failure to normalize relations after the fall of Mubarak
GORDON CHANG, author of “The Coming Collapse of China”:
- A new era of U.S.-Chinese relations
- Alibaba’s successful initial public offering in the U.S.
- Investor and cyber security concerns stemming from Alibaba's structure
- Should the United States arm Taiwan with submarines?
September 19th, 2014
RAYMOND IBRAHIM, author of “Crucified Again: Exposing Islam’s New War on Christians” and “The Al Qaeda Reader”:
- How ISIS plays into the bigger picture of global jihad
- America's willful blindness to the fact that to defeat an enemy, one must know the enemy
- The American far-left's apologist-position towards radical Islam
- Defensive versus offensive jihad in Shariah doctrine
- Comparing ISIS and Al-Qaeda
- The consequences of ISIS declaring an Islamic Caliphate
- President Obama’s misleading remarks about the connection of jihadist terrorism to Islam
- The long history of Christian persecution in the Muslim world
- Recommendations for future U.S. policies to combat the global jihad
- Lessons learned from the American strategy that defeated the communist ideology of the Soviet Union
- Problems with the labels put on those who question the radical aspects of Shariah law
September 18th, 2014
- How the Soviet Union reorganized after its supposed collapse
- Why the FSB and the Russian intelligence community are stronger and more important than ever
- Putin's aspirations to control Europe and bring Russia back to world superpower status
- Is German Chancellor Angela Merkel in cahoots with Putin and Russia’s agenda?
- Putin's use of his “Christian” image to deceive the West
- The FSB's continuing ties to KGB Islamist networks, including Al-Qaeda
- The card-carrying Communist who mentored a young Barack Obama
- Russian subversion at home and abroad
- The resurrection of Soviet-style anti-American international outreach
- The failure of U.S. policy to counter Putin’s vision for Europe and the global community
- Does the loyalty of America's political leadership and public servants need testing?
- Lessons learned from countering Nazi propaganda in the U.S. during World War II
- The media’s growing inability to function as a watchdog