Entries Tagged as 'John Wholstetter'
July 16th, 2014 ·
MICHAEL LEDEEN, Freedom Scholar at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies:
- Status update on the nuclear talks with Iran
- Uncovering the extent of Iran's global influence
- What the United States can do in response to Iran's rising regional power
- Arguing the need for a global response to a global war
JOHN WAGNER, former member of the CENTCOM task force that searched for Bowe Bergdahl:
- Explanation of why the Pentagon has returned Bowe Bergdahl to active duty
- Options for the Army as it investigates Bergdahl's disappearance
- What are the potential legal and/or punitive outcomes for Bergdahl?
JOHN WOHLSTETTER, a Senior Fellow at the Discovery Institute:
- Hamas' rejection of the Egyptian-proposed cease-fire and the continuing conflict in the Gaza Strip
- Societal differences between the Palestinian and Israeli populations
- Could Israel and the Fatah government in the West Bank unify to combat Hamas in the Gaza Strip?
NOAH POLLAK, of The Weekly Standard:
- Criticism of Hamas' tactics of placing critical terrorist infrastructure, leaders, and weapons in densely-populated civilians areas within Gaza
- Hamas' use of UN and foreign aid to carry out its civil responsibilities to the citizens of Gaza
- Israel's inability to adopt an isolationist foreign policy and the need for the international community to rally against state sponsors of terrorism
Tags: John Wholstetter
May 13th, 2014 ·
SEAN McGURK, Global Managing Principal, Critical Infrastructure Protection Cybersecurity, RISK Team at Verizon:
- Credible threats to the nation's grid infrastructure and their cascading effects
- The need to develop partnerships to combat cybercrime and harden the grid
J. CHRISTIAN ADAMS, founder of the Election Law Center and author of "Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department":
- Department of Homeland Security's release of 36,000 criminal aliens because of pressure from left-wing organizations
- Republican hopes for winning over Hispanic voters, and debating the chances that an immigration reform bill will get passed through Congress in the near future
- Varying efforts of states' efforts to require voter ID and/or citizenship proof
ANDREW McCARTHY, former federal prosecutor:
- Hillary Clinton's fight while Secretary of State against efforts to designate Boko Haram a terrorist group, and her sudden turnaround
- Huma Abedin's influence on Mrs. Clinton's Middle East policies
JOHN WOHLSTETTER, of the Discovery Institute and author of "Sleepwalking with the Bomb":
- The makeup of the members on the Benghazi select committee, and what its findings may be
- Putin's next moves, including going after Russia's Baltic neighbors, Estonia and Latvia
- Iran's continuing nuclear ambitions
Tags: Andy McCarthy · John Wholstetter · Christian Adams
February 21st, 2014 ·
JOHN WOHLSTETTER, of the Discovery Institute, sheds light on the motives behind the government crackdown in Ukraine and points towards what he calls "The Cold War, Version 2.0," instigated by Russia's Putin.
J. PETER PHAM, director of the Atlantic Council's Africa Center, follows the spread of radical jihadists from one conflict to another in Africa. In particular, he looks at fighters returning from Syria to their countries of origin in North Africa, the fighting in South Sudan, and the possibility that Islamists will intervene in the Central African Republic to prevent the ethnic cleansing of Muslims there.
BILL GERTZ, of the Washington Free Beacon, looks at a report by the Center for Naval Analysis that offers predictions on what will happen in Afghanistan and to the Taliban once all the American troops stationed there depart.
DIANA WEST, author of "American Betrayal," discusses what the "Hillary Papers" say about the politics of the former First Lady and Secretary of State.
Tags: Bill Gertz · Diana West · John Wholstetter · Peter Pham
October 17th, 2012 ·
With Patrick Poole, Andrew Marcus, John Wholstetter, and Roger Noriega
PATRICK POOLE discusses Obama’s rules of engagement and how they are leading to the deaths of our soldiers overseas.
Director ANDREW MARCUS talks about his new movie “Hating Breitbart” which looks at the work of Andrew Breitbart.
JOHN WHOLSTETTER of the Discovery Institute explains Iran’s nuclear program and how close they are to obtaining a nuclear warhead.
Latin American expert ROGER NORIEGA looks at the impact Mexico will play on the US presidential election as well as whether or not US influence within the region has waned since the days of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Tags: Uncategorized · Patrick Poole · Roger Noriega · John Wholstetter · Andrew Marcus
August 14th, 2012 ·
GENERAL JACK KEANE (USA Ret.) analyzes the current Iraqi situation and how Obama's lack of strategic thought has led to an Iraq that is no more than a puppet for the Iranian regime. Instead of leaving a residual force in place, Obama pulled out all troops and essentially forced the new and unprotected Iraqi government to become friends with nefarious groups.
BRIAN ZIMMER, president of the Coalition for a Secure Driver's License, discusses how countries, such as China, are creating counterfeit American drivers licenses. This allows foreign citizens and potential terrorists to enter the US as well as faking American citizenship abroad.
Author JOHN WHOLSTETTER talks about his new book which sheds light on one of Washington’s dirtiest secrets, nuclear weapons. America's nuclear deterrent is aging, but instead of upgrading the technology politicians are cutting the nuclear force and letting the ones that aren't destroyed to just atrophy.
ANDY McCARTHY analyzes Obama's relationship with the Muslim Brotherhood and shows how Obama has openly courted the brotherhood since he first got elected in 2008. Obama's actions have emboldened the Muslim Brotherhood to take charge of Egypt as well as run influence operations inside the US.
Tags: Uncategorized · Andy McCarthy · John Wholstetter · Gen. Jack Keane · Brian Zimmer
October 20th, 2010 ·
On today's edition of Secure Freedom Radio, Frank Gaffney is joined by John Wohlstetter lf the Discovery Institute with whom he discusses the START Treaty and the feasibility of pursuing a world without nuclear weapons. Next, Victor Davis Hanson speaks about history's implications about what is likely to flow from the vacuum of power that the world's western nations are creating. Then, Mark Dubowitz of the Foundation for the Defense of Democracy discusses Iranian sanctions and whether they will work in time to stop the Iranian nuclear program. Finally, jim Hanson informs us of the judge, threatening the order of the US Military through her opinions on the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy.
Tags: Uncategorized · Jim Hanson · Mark Dubowitz · Victor Davis Hanson · John Wholstetter