Entries Tagged as 'Steven Groves'
June 20th, 2014 ·
BING WEST, former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs
- Maliki's sectarianism as the root of the Iraq crisis
- Prospects for Sunni and Shiite infighting during a potential lull in fighting over Ramadan
- Obama's perspective on America's appropriate role in the world: a regional power?
- The distancing of the military from the Obama White House
STEVEN GROVES, Heritage Foundation:
- Questions over the timing of the capture of Ahmed Abu Khattala by U.S. special forces
- Hillary Clinton, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and attempts to limit the First Amendment
JOHN HAYWARD, staff writer at Human Events:
- The invasion of the US border and the "Children Crusade"--why are parents sending their children unaccompanied through Central America to the United States?
- Evidence suggesting the Obama Administration and the Department of Homeland Security expected the current surge of minor illegal immigrants, and the federal government's need to house and care for them
- Displacing effect on American workers of the immigration visa program
VICTOR DAVIS HANSON, Martin and Illie Anderson Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution:
- A comparison of the immigration views of Eric Cantor and the new House Republican Majority Leader, Kevin McCarthy
- The moral and practical issues associated with amnesty and the "New Children's Crusade"
- What really led the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq?
Tags: Victor Davis Hanson · Bing West · Steven Groves
May 21st, 2012 ·
· General JACK KEANE (USA Ret.) explains Obama’s commitment to the war in Afghanistan and supporting our troops, or lack thereof.
U.S. AND AFGHAN PRESIDENTS REAFFIRM PARTNERSHIP AT CHICAGO SUMMIT
· SETH CROPSEY of the Hudson Institute analyzes the implosive path the US Navy has taken as a result of the Obama Administration’s decisions, which put American security in jeopardy.
Defeat at Sea: The U.S. Naval Implosion of 2050
· Heritage Foundation’s STEVEN GROVES looks at the Law of the Seat Treaty (LOST) and how Senator Kerry seems to be holding just one hearing, which will showcase only supporters of this treaty.
U.S. Accession to U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea Unnecessary to Develop Oil and Gas Resources
· GORDON CHANG of Forbes.com discusses the internal and external threats to the Communist regime. China has signed onto the Law of the Sea Treaty, but does not follow the rules therefore why should the US hamstring itself with this treaty?
China Crashes in April, Shows Signs of Contraction
Tags: Uncategorized · Gordon Chang · Steven Groves · General Jack Keane · Seth Cropsey
May 1st, 2012 ·
· Philip Dunmire, national president of the Navy League of the Untied States explains the future of the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard if the sequestration cuts go into effect.
Sequester Will Slam Shipbuilding Hardest; Navy League Rallies Resistance
· Steven Groves from the Heritage Foundation discusses the LOST Treaty and how it will ruin US sovereignty and economic prosperity.
Former Senator Trent Lott Lobbies for U.N. Treaty He Vehemently Opposed
· Reggie LittleJohn of Women’s Rights Without Frontiers gives her take on China’s One-Child Policy and the implications it has on foreign affairs
Chen Guangcheng risked everything to save women from forced abortion and sterilization in China
· Eric Schmitt from the New York Times explains how the War or Terror is far from over, despite what the State Department claims
Defense Department Plans New Intelligence Gathering Service
Tags: Uncategorized · Steven Groves · Reggie Littlejohn · Eric Schmitt · Philip Dunmire
July 28th, 2011 ·
James Carroll, Photo Editor at American Legion Magazine, tells the amazing story of Marine Sgt. Jonathon Blank, who last year volunteered to extend his tour in Afghanistan. Just months before he would return home, Blank stepped on an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), resulting in the loss of his legs. Since, the American Legion Riders, motorcyclists’ part of the American Legion family, have raised over $125,000 to pay for Blank’s medical expenses. Carroll, an Air Force Veteran, documented Sgt. Blank’s story, and explains how the patriotic organization has been helping Veterans like Sgt. Blank across the country, since 1919.
Next, Congressman Bob Goodlatte, of the 6th district Virginia, joins Frank to discuss the “Diversity Visa Lottery,” and what he’s doing to eliminate it. Goodlatte calls the program unfair and unnecessary, as 10 to 15 million people around the world apply for visas and 50,000 winners are drawn out of a computer, based solely on luck rather than U.S. policy interests. Rep. Goodlatte speaks on the dangers from the program as well-organized terrorist groups can enter hundreds of applications, and if drawn “not only do they get a visa to come to the United States like the 9/11 hijackers did, they get a green card, a permanent resident status in the United States,” he says. This is why the Congressman has introduced the Security and Fairness Enhancement for America act (SAFE), which recently passed out of the House Judiciary Committee, to put an end to a system that randomly picks immigrants potentially from State Sponsors of Terrorism, all in the name of “diversity.”
Then, Georgian Ambassador Temuri Yakobashvili describes how Russia is trying to undermine his nation’s statehood. “We chose to be free, we chose to be democratic, and we chose to be part of the West,” he says, and as a result Russia continues to punish Georgia, from the invasion in 2008 to the bombings last year. The Ambassador gives his take on the latest developments that a Russian Agent was behind those bombings, including the one on the U.S. Embassy right as the U.S. began voting to ratify the START Treaty.
Finally, Steven Groves, of the Heritage Foundation, updates us on the Law of the Sea Treaty, appropriately named LOST, that may be voted on in Congress this fall. The treaty, long championed by Sen. John Kerry, would force the U.S. to pay royalties to the International Seabed Authority on resources obtained in the extended continental shelf. Groves explains why the treaty is “World Socialism on a global scale,” as wealth that could total in the hundreds of billions would be redistributed from the United States to land-locked nations.
Tags: Rep. Bob Goodlatte · Steven Groves · Amb. Temuri Yakobashvili · James Carroll