With Richard Kemp
Aug 30th, 2021 by securefreedomradio
- Col. Richard Kemp: We had to remain in Afghanistan for some time after 2001 - We couldn’t just destroy Al-Qaeda and the Taliban and immediately pull out
- Where and when did the situation in Afghanistan “go off the tracks”?
- Col. Kemp: The U.S. and U.K. directly controlled the Afghan government, which was not capable of controlling the whole of Afghanistan
- Col Kemp: Taxpayer money was used to fund a war against the U.S. and its allies in Afghanistan
- Col. Kemp: For President Biden to call the Afghan army, “cowards…they won’t fight for themselves, why should we fight for them,’ after stripping them of vital U.S. support, is devastating
- What are the takeaways from the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan?
- Col. Kemp: “Talk about a twenty-year war, what about South Korea? The Americans have been in South Korea since the 50’s…We’ve had a U.S. garrison in Germany since 1945…” So why is Afghanistan separated from the rest?
- Col. Kemp: It took the U.S. 15 years to successfully regain its position in the world after the Fall of Saigon